For fans of propane fuel generators that still want the accommodation of utilizing gas, there is the Duromax XP4400EH portable generator .The Duromax XP4400EH double fuel portable generator can keep running on propane and also on gas.
It is a brand that is marketed by Max Tools and though the motor is made in China, the Duromax brand is reputed for its prominent line of generators. Keep reading the rest of the article as we will describe briefly about the features, advantages and disadvantages of the product so that you can decide whether this generator is suitable for you or not.
Duromax XP4400EH portable generator Features
The Duromax XP4400EH versatile generator fit for running on propane and also gas. It has a 7 hp 208 cc air cooled motor which allows it to generate 3,500 watts of consistent power while having the capacity to surge up to 4,400 watts. The generator has an electric start and recoil rope option for starting. The rated output gives two circuits to a maximum of 3500W which is 29 amps at 120V however every individual electrical switch is 13.5 amps for a sum of 27 amps used at the 240V outlet.
Dimensions and Weight
The general measurements of the Duromax XP4400EH generator are 23.8 x 18 x 20 inches (L x H x W ) and it weighs 132lbs. This makes this generator as compact as different generators in its size. Including fuel will include another 24 lbs. which still makes it versatile with a wheel kit. It’s in the ordinary range for weight for this size of generator.
Control Panel and Outlets
The control panel on the XP4400EH is great, and accompanies 2 120Volt 20 Amp 3-Prong Outlets and 1 120V/240V 30 Amp twist lock outlet (NEMA L14-30 3 Pole 4 Wire). It additionally includes an electrical switch, large volt meter and a convenient 12V DC output.
Traditional generators do make some running noise. You can not stop the noise. In any case, most clients will discover the noise level of the DuroMax XP4400EH to be tolerable. In particular, it is rated to create around 69 dB, measured from 7 meters. This is generally comparable to general human discussion, which isn’t too loud. Clearly, loudness will rely on load and when the motor is running harder to take care of demand, you can expect more noise and vice versa.
Warranty and user manual
The Duramax XP4400EH double fueled portable generator is secured by a 30 day substitution warranty and the parts are secured by a full swap warranty for 1 year. The expense of transportation of the parts is to be borne by the purchaser.
- It continuously generates up to 3500 watts of power while having the capacity of producing 4,400 watts maximum.
- Both propane and gasoline possible to use as fuel.
- It includes electric start which makes the generator easy to use.
- The heavy duty steel frame gives it robust structure.
- It produces less than 69DB of sound which is quite less for a generator of this type. So, you can use it without annoying the neighboring people.
- It shuts off automatically when the level is low.
- This Duromax generator is named the hybrid elite with its capacity to run either on propane or on gas which gives you adaptability in operation. With it running on propane you will have loss of available power, yet a cleaner running unit. Having the double option permits you more fuel storage choices and ease of use as time goes on.
- The generator can run up to 20 hours on one tank of propane and up to 8 hours on one tank of gasoline.
- The idle control feature enables the Duromax XP4400EH generator to run at a constant speed. So, it consumes less fuel and produces less noise.
- The wheel kit and handles allow for easy portability. So, you can use it in multiple places according to your need.
- It weighs 132 pounds which is quite heavy for its output size.
- It can be quite difficult to fill the engine oil which is a common drawback of almost all the models.
We are extremely impress with dual fuel portable generators, and especially the comfort of keeping a dual tanks of propane close by in case of the random crisis. What’s more, we like the cleaner-burning nature of propane, particularly to recreate or when you should be nearer to the unit when running.
Even setting aside the double fuel capacity, this is a well-assembled, effective generator that involves relatively little space and is still sufficiently small to move around effortlessly on its wheel pack. Additionally, we do value the inclusion of the electric start. This model is CARB compliant which makes it eco-friendly. Overall, Duromax XP4400EH is an incredibly versatile generator at a reasonable cost.