Imagine you are enjoying a pleasant night with your family, and suddenly there’s a power outage.What will you do? Well, the answer will be to look for alternative power source for the time being. Nowadays there are many generators offering you a power source for your home and office. Among them, Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator features in the top line due to it’s size and portability. It is a mid-ranged generator as far as the weight is concerned and a superlative generator when it comes to offering power. In this article, we are going to review Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator and will have a look into the features this has to offer.
Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator Feature
Durostar DS4000S Generator uses a 7HP engine with 208cc 4-stroke engine. It is a single cylinder engine which gives you 3300 Watts of steady power when in AC mode.The surge power is 4000 watts.
You can get the power from 20Amps and 30Amps 120V ports (there are 3 ports 2 NEMA 5-20R ports and one twistlock of NEMA L5-30). It features an electric ignition.
So, the efforts to tune up and other risks are minimized accordingly.
What the Generator is Good For?
Besides carrying out your normal tasks, Durostar DS4000S Generator is also good for your RV machine startup.
The machine is useful when you want constant power at your construction site. It can also supply your house with power when you are in need of it in emergency.
Sometimes in recreational activities we need constant power in distant location. This little beast can manage that as well.
An Interesting Control Panel
This generator has an interesting control panel. The basic control panel is wide which eats up one side of the generator. It can be started with a recoil rope.
The control panel has a volt indicating meter that shows how much power the generator is producing. You will find a circuit breaker for your 30 Amp lines that will protect you from overloads.
On the far right, there is another one of the circuit breakers for the duplex plugs. The plugs are on the right side of the generator with a 120V Twist lock and 3-prong duplex plugs. The grounding terminal is also located to the far right section of the generator.
How to Maintain the Generator in Good Shape
The generator needs good caring like all other generators out there. You will need to check the fuel and the overall unit.
DuroStar advises that you should clean the fuel tank or change the oil after every 20 hours of use. But changing after 50 hours is okay.
After you refill the tank two or three times, you should opt for cleaning the tank. DuroStar advises you to clean the air filter after 50 hours of use.When it comes to cleaning the spark plug, you can do it in every six months.
- It is a great generator to have at a great price.
- You can opt for the wheel kit if you want to for transportation of the generator.
- It is very easy to handle.
- This generator is well-built.
- Fuel efficient generator. Supplies you with Power for long time with its 4 gallon tank. One can read the fuel gauge easily.
- The generator aptly provides you with 120V power with two plug points and one twist lock.
- It has no 240V ports that could provide DC power.
- DuroStar Mentions low fuel run time than the maximum of its competitors.
- Refueling is a hard task. You will need a funnel to refill the tank to avoid any spilling.
- Oil Drain is poorly positioned. The oil doesn’t drain cleanly.
- There are no meters to measure Amp counts or even Watt counts.
- There are no good accessories provided to refill oil.